Connections in Recovery is renowned for our superior mental health companion and sober coach Los Angeles services.
The transition from treatment into “real life” can prove particularly challenging and fragile.
Many newly-recovering individuals – especially those struggling with dual-diagnoses – have discovered that in Los Angeles, having a sober coach Los Angeles and/or a mental health companion beside them can mean the all difference between continued emotional stability and relapse. These individuals can be present 24/7 to help you restructure your daily addiction-free and emotionally re-stabilized life, while simultaneously helping you learn how to live your newly balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Individually matched Connections in Recovery Case Managers (along with a sober coach Los Angeles or a mental health companion, if needed) provides vigorous and close support to their clients, helping them to make healthy life choices, follow discharge plans and remain accountable and culpable to aftercare commitments.
Some of the challenges a sober coach Los Angeles or mental health companion can assist you with include:
• Assistance with reintegration into productive society.
• “Best fit” referrals to ancillary need residential, day treatment and/or outpatient programs.
• Appropriate referrals to physicians, doctors, therapists and other clinicians.
• Support with family reunification.
• 12-Step meeting attendance supervision.
• Daily phone support.
• Guidance and help with daily schedule design and maintenance.
• Negotiating new and/or old challenges.
• Providing non-judgmental culpability and accountability.
• Medication management & compliancy.
• Nutritional & exercise coaching.
• Developing, prioritizing and achievement of short and long-term goals.
• Academic/vocational guidance & pursuit.
• Business or travel sobriety security.
• Court or legal appearance transportation & support (if appropriate).
Each of our recovery companions is supervised by either a Certified Drug & Alcohol Counselor, MFT, Psychologist, Addiction Doctor, and/or an experienced Case Manager.
Connections in Recovery companion requirements include:
• A minimum five years of continuous sobriety (or professional work within the fields of addiction and/or mental health).
• In-depth interview and screening.
• Two letters of recommendation.
• Complete background check.
• Clean drug test and compliance with at-will random testing.
• Strict adherence to professional boundaries.
• Full comprehension of family/friends dynamics.
• Comprehensive medication experience.
• Continuing education.
• Clear and professional communication skills.
Connections in Recovery is a Founding Board Member of the “Society For Addiction Advocacy and Recovery,” which promotes standardized practices of treatment, ethics, disclosure, and continuity of care in the fields of addiction and mental health.